Sunday, 27 April 2014

Complementary colours







I actually wore this outfit on Friday night, but then I liked it so much I had to outfit-repeat and photograph it. Yellow and purple is a combination I rarely wear, and my yellow and purple house seemed the perfect place to photograph it, especially as the sun was out for the first time in days. You might recognise this sunflower shirt from a co-ord I wore last week, and I still really love it even though now it's been washed a couple of times it seems to be getting shorter.. People always ask me about this jacket, which is actually my mothers. She got it about 10 years ago in New Look back when their logo looked like this and pale denim was a thing, and then dyed it purple herself. I think it's lasted pretty well considering how much we've both worn it! 

I go back to college tomorrow after a couple of weeks off (and when I say 'off' I mean manically making clothes, writing my dissertation and working in a cafe) so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to post. But if you think I deserve it and you haven't nominated yet, I'd be so happy if you voted me in the 'Best Personal Style - Newcomer' category of the Company Style Blogger Awards. Thank you, and have a great week!

Hat: H&M, Jacket: New Look and DIY (similar ASOS pink denim jacket), Top: H&M, Sunglasses: Primark, Jeans: Topshop, Boots: H&M, Bag: Banggood, Jewellery: eBay

6 comments:

  1. That purple denim jacket is gorgeous Robin!! I get some of the best things handed down from my mum cos she can't fit in them anymore! Free clothes always seem even better!

    Shani xo
    www.stylehoney.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you posed in front of the purple door, it goes so great with your jacket :-D

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's my front door haha! x

      Delete
  3. Love love love the jacket, my favourite colour! Looking fab as always.

    Alice | www.whatalicewore.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I read and value every comment, don't be shy x